How effective is Jenny Craig weight loss? Here’s the basics:
Jenny Craig Weight Management Program
This is available in one of two ways:
• By attending a Jenny Craig Center This option involves personal, one-on-one consultations at Jenny Craig Centers. You are assigned a trained weight loss consultant to help you plan nutritionally balanced diet menus. The diet foods are purchased from Jenny Craig. There are Jenny Craig locations throughout the country. • By joining the Jenny Craig Direct At-Home Program This allows you to participate in the Jenny Craig Program from the convenience of your own home. You enjoy weekly "phone-meetings" with your trained Consultant, and order your food in at least two-week increments.Weekly support consultations are done over the phone, toll-free and Jenny Craig menus and support materials are delivered to your door.
• Calories and Weight Loss The calorie-level of your menu plan will vary according to your need. The lowest calorie level is 1200 calories per day. The Jenny Craig Program has been designed to result in a weekly weight loss of 1-2 pounds or 1% of your body weight.
• Menu Plans All menu plans that are nutritionally balanced according to the recommendations of the USDA Food Guide Pyramid and U.S. Dietary Guidelines. Clients can choose from more than 70 food products. Each is manufactured to the specification of our dieticians, approved by our Medical Advisory Panel, and purchased through Jenny Craig Centers and Jenny Direct.
• Diet Foods All diet foods are shipped via UPS, which typically takes 5-7 business days to arrive at your home. You can also opt to receive your foods quicker via FedEx (1-2 day delivery time) for a small surcharge.
• Weight Maintenance Support for weight maintenance is available under certain conditions.
A Note about Healthy Weight Control
Fad diets, unbalanced diets, diet pills, diet supplements, weight loss surgery and other short term weight loss methods are not recommended for permanent weight control. The best way to lose excess fat and maintain a healthy weight in the long term is to follow a balanced calorie-controlled diet (that improves your eating habits) and take regular aerobic exercise.